Association Day Old Boy chair Andrew Binkley ‘02 and Parent Chair Heather Senst, mother of Preston ’22, are delighted to invite all Old Boys, students, parents and friends to join us as we celebrate everything that makes Upper Canada College great.
UCC will celebrate its 39th Association Day on Saturday, Sept. 29. The theme is “Makers and Innovators.” Join fellow Old Boys, parents, past parents and students for a fun-filled celebration for the entire family that will feature many new activities and favourites you’ve known and loved in the past.
Here’s what you can look forward to:
- the fun-filled new and improved Kidzone, with exciting new attractions, thanks to the generosity of the Atkins family;
- a LEGO creation station to enrich the minds of our youth;
- varsity football and soccer games against Trinity College School and volleyball against Crescent
School (Go Blues!);
- A-Tunes, UCC’s musical talent show, will be back by popular demand on the main stage (under the clock tower);
- The Jon Wookey ’08 Memorial Organic Farmers’ Market will have a wonderful selection of items;
- a silent auction with an amazing selection of items;
- the ever-popular dunk tank;
- Arts Booster Club contributions;
- Blues Booster Club information tent;
- Freshly popped Kernels Popcorn and ice cream provided through the generosity of The One Information Corporation;
- the barbecue and Snack Shack, with delicious, new nut-free items thanks to the
generosity of the Chisholm family, Steve Chisholm ’76,
and MacMillan’s Orchard, Greg MacMillan ’87;
- The Michael Evan Jurist ’03 Memorial Tennis Tournament;
- delicious Kona coffee from Hawaii thanks to Dakine Coffee Bean, Terry FitzGerald ’58;
- a licenced hospitality terrace for those 19 and over;
- Allan Harris Old Boys Soccer Tournament (click here to register) from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. on
- young alumni softball game at 1:30 p.m. on Commons Field; (click here to register)
- the chance to meet Principal Sam McKinney and his wife Rosey;
- water stations on campus
*In an effort to decrease the carbon footprint, we will NOT be selling bottled water. Please
bring your own water bottle for filling at our two stations — one at the barbecue and one near the Snack Shack (close to the clock tower entrance). We’ll also be selling stainless steel water
- a musical performance by the community band on the front steps of the Upper School at 11:30 a.m.;
- and water stations. (In an effort to decrease the carbon footprint, we won’t sell bottled water. Please bring your own water bottle for filling at our stations at the barbecue and near the Snack Shack, close to the clock tower entrance. We’ll also be selling stainless steel water bottles.
Have a group? Have talent? You have to perform at A-Tunes @ A-Day.
UCC talent will be featured on the main stage at A-Day from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Old Boys, students, faculty and staff members are all encouraged to participate. So, dust off your old guitar, call up your buddies and come and belt out a few tunes.
Please contact Peter Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your group.
Interested in sponsoring A-Day?
In order to offset the costs associated with hosting A-Day, we seek both tangible and monetary donations for our barbecue, Snack Shack and, most importantly, silent auction. These are great revenue-generating opportunities and we very much appreciate the support of our donors. Items donated are entitled to a gift-in-kind tax receipt.
There are also many other ways to support A-Day. Please click here for a list.
Moms, dads, uncles and aunts are all welcome to help out on A-Day, and can click here to sign up to volunteer.
Please contact UCC event manager Maria Karakoulas at email@example.com or 416-488-1125, ext. 2231 if you have any questions.
Future Association Day dates:
2019 – Saturday, Oct. 5
2020 – Saturday, Sept. 26
2021 – Saturday, Sept. 25
2022 – Saturday, Oct. 1
Read More »